Why would your business want a master key system?
Keys may appear little and light if you simply have a couple of them, once they begin to accumulate, you’re taking a look at a heavy, jangling keyring. Or are you? A master key lock system is one possible setup to handling a lot of keys. Within a master key system, a single master secret can open numerous locks. Master key systems are specifically helpful when you require access to various locked locations– such as within schools, health centers, and storage centers, among others.
Here’s how a master key system works.
There are 2 kinds of keys: a pass key (likewise called a modification key), which just opens one particular lock, and a master key, which opens all the locks in a system. Let’s state you’re an apartment or condo supervisor. Your occupants have pass keys that just open their particular apartment or condo system. Nevertheless, when they ask for certain access to another door, you’ll have the ability to get in any door or system– even if the complex has hundreds of access points– with a single master key. A master key system created by a skilled locksmith professional integrates excellent security with excellent access capability for simply individuals who require it.
If you’re considering having a master key system set up in your organisation, you’ll want to think about the following advantages and disadvantages:
- You can rekey private locks without altering the master key. If a pass key is lost or taken, it’s simple and low-cost to have a locksmith professional rekey that single lock.
- There are less keys to keep an eye on (and less keys to lose).
- Considerable expense savings on keys.
- You can offer various individuals various levels of access to different areas. Within a master key system, you can have sub-master keys that open all locks in a set without offering the complete access to an area.
- Numerous locks or perhaps structures can be keyed to the very same master key.
- In an emergency situation, anybody (e.g. firemens, paramedics, and so on) can rapidly be admitted to all locations.
- Monitoring who has a master key is necessary.
- Losing a master key has higher effects.
- Inadequately created master key systems might lead to pass keys that open the incorrect locks or other security spaces.
The Lock Guy Pty Ltd